Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: February 8, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Got garden problems? Bring them to the 'Ask the Master Gardeners' table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
- Vineyard - cane and spur dormant pruning
- Herbs – preparing for planting
- Vegetables- Strawberry planting and growing techniques
- Water efficient landscapes - preparing for spring
- Fruit trees and berries – pruning methods
- Composting - worm composting, compost bins and harvesting methods
- Vegetables - tips for growing cool season vegetables
Purchase our 2020 "Blossoms" Gardening Guide and Calendar.
Free! Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!