Wednesday Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: April 15, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the Ask the Master Gardeners information table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
At 10 AM watch mini-demonstrations in various areas:
- Herbs – Planting herbs in containers
- Water efficient landscapes – successful containers
- Vegetables – preparing raised beds for the summer season
- Worm composting – worms at work!
- Vineyard – canopy management: shoot thinning and spraying for powdery mildew
Free! Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!