Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: May 9, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the Ask the Master Gardeners information table. Get one-on-one advice based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
At 10 AM watch mini-demonstrations on:
- Herbs – herbal gifts and tea blends with the UCMaster Food Preserver program.
- Vegetables – growing vegetables in straw bales.
- Water efficient landscapes - walk on the wildlife side.
- Vegetables – planting warm season vegetables.
- Vineyard – canopy management: supporting shoots and eliminating unwanted growth.
- Composting - worm composting, compost bins and harvesting methods
Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!