Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: June 20, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the Ask the Master Gardeners information table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. UCCE Master Gardeners will hold mini-demonstrations on:
- Water efficient landscapes – gardening for birds
- Vegetables – soil solarization
- Herbs – pruning and harvesting
On-going Demonstrations at the various project areas:
- Vegetables – pest management techniques
- Vineyard – canopy management, cluster thinning, leaf pulling and protecting fruit.
- Composting - worm composting, compost bins and harvesting methods
Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!