Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: June 15, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Open Garden - FREE!
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open Garden days are informal events with Master Gardeners available in all areas of the garden. It’s a great opportunity to peruse the garden at your own pace and ask lots of questions.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. UCCE Master Gardeners will hold mini-demonstrations on:
- Growing sunflowers and succulents at the Water Efficient Landscape Garden.
- Walking tour on harvesting herbs, gathering seeds, drying herbs and more at the Herb Project Area.
- A non-chemical method for controlling soil born pests via soil solarization at the Vegetable Project Area.
On-going Demonstrations at the various project areas:
- Water Efficient Landscape Garden: The many benefits of mulch.
- Orchard: Fruit thinning and summer pruning.
- Berries: Blueberry tasting.
- Vegetables: Pest management based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
- Vineyard: Canopy management, shoot, leaf and cluster thinning and how to spray for powdery mildew.
- Compost: Turning, sifting, and building the pile for good, healthy compost.
Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!