Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: September 12, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the Ask the Master Gardeners information table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. UCCE Master Gardeners will hold mini-demonstrations on:
- Herbs – propogation for success
- Water efficient landscapes – pruning native plants
On-going Demonstrations at the various project areas:
- Vegetables – preparing raisded beds for cool season vegetables.
- Vineyard – raisin tasting
- Composting – how to build, turn and harvest compost and worm composting
Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!