Below is a collection of resources just for the home gardener. For details on the berries at the Fair Oaks Horticulture Center, visit the link in the gold bar above.
Note: PDF files open in a new window/tab.
- Plant problem diagnostic tool - UC IPM gives you the ability to solve plant problems.
- Information from UC Integrated Pest Management online about growing blackberries and raspberries, including cultural guidelines and pests and disorders that may affect these berries.
- Information about growing strawberries, including cultural guidelines and pests and disorders that may affect strawberries from UC Integrated Pest Management online.
- Information about growing blueberries (PDF) in the Sacramento region, including important soil preparation tips and varieties suggested for our area. (EHN 88)
- Growing cane berries (PDF) in the Sacramento region includes suggested varieties, and training and pruning information. (EHN 86)
- Growing Berries in your Backyard from the California Garden Web offers advice for home gardeners about growing blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
- Northwest Berry & Grape Information Network blueberry planting and care information.
ANR = free publication from the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources Catalog
PN = free publication from UC Integrated Pest Management
EHN = Environmental Horticulture Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
GN = Garden Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
You need Adobe Reader to read the PDF files; download the latest version using the link below.