Harvest Day 2020
Join us this year
If you missed our live Q&A session,
Thank you to the many businesses that help make Harvest Day 2020
a huge success through their generous support.
Live Virtual Q&A Session
August 1, 2020
Karrie Reid - 9:00 - 9:50 AM
Ed Laivo - 10:00 - 10:50 AM
Master Gardener Panel - 11:00 - Noon
(Pam Bone, Susan Muckey and Gail Pothour)
Send questions for speakers and
Master Gardeners now or any time to:
(videos open in a new window)
2021 Gardening Guide and Calendar
- Bird Netting Your Blueberries (2:35 min.)
- Getting Started (3:47 min.)
- The ABCs of Building a Successful Compost Pile (4:32 min.)
- Composting: Hot vs. Cold (5:29 min.)
- Making a Worm Bin (4:57 min.)
- Harvesting Worm Castings (3:10 min.)
- Thinning Fruit on Your Fruit Trees (4:46 min.)
- Identifying Fruit Tree Scale (4:00 min.)
- Summer Pruning for Fruit Trees (4:12 min.)
- Sharpening Hand Pruners (4:22 min.)
- Soil Solarization: Control Soilborne Pests (3:52 min.)
- Veggies Year-Round from Your Patio (3:42 min.)
- What's Wrong with My Tomatoes? (4:15 min.)
Harvest Day 2020 brochure
Download the Harvest Day 2020 brochure (PDF 1.8MB).
We thank you all!
To save paper on Harvest Day, we publish a list of resources to answer all your questions on various topics. From UCIPM Pest Notes, to our own publications, to University books and websites--even speaker presentations when available. It's all here!
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
We will all miss seeing you at the FOHC this year!
Many community organizations have supported Harvest Day in the past by bringing information to share with you. While you will not see them in person this year, visit them here.
Master Gardener sales
Please help us make future events even better for you by answering a few short questions.