January Workshop Publications
The following publications are offered to help with landscape design and plant selection after the Fair Oaks Horticulture Center Pruning Workshop held January 19, 2019.
The following publications are offered as background reading after the Fair Oaks Horticulture Center Pruning Workshop held January 14, 2017.
- Planting Landscape Trees (PDF, UC ANR 8046)
- Fertilizing Landscape Trees (PDF, UC ANR 8045)
- Pruning Guide (PDF, ANR 8075)
- Pruning Overgrown Deciduous Trees (PDF 97KB) (ANR 8058)
- Training and Pruning Deciduous Trees (PDF 226KB) (ANR 8057)
- Citrus Resources (PDF, GN 135)
- 9 Things You Should Know About Caring For Trees (PDF)
- Don't Top Trees! (PDF)
- Fine Gardening - Proper Pruning (PDF)
- Training Young Trees (PDF)
- Landscape Trees: Their Wounds and Treatment (PDF)
- Pruning demonstration video – watch Ed Laivo prune fruit trees.
ANR = free publication from the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources Catalog
PN = free publication from UC Integrated Pest Management
EHN = Environmental Horticulture Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
GN = Garden Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
You need Adobe Reader to read the PDF files; download the latest version using the link below.