Note: PDF files open in a new window/tab.
- UC Guide to Healthy Lawns is a comprehensive, interactive source for all lawn management information to grow a lawn using little or no pesticides.
- Choose and identify your turf
- Prepare the site and plant turf
- Lawn care for new lawns
- Lawn care for established lawns
- Lawn renovation
- Manage pests and identify problems
- The UC ANR Catalog offers many free downloadable publications about lawns and lawn care including
Search the catalog for "turf" or "lawn" to see all the available publications.
- Interested in learning about water-efficient turf grasses or lawn alternatives? Read about the Turf Demonstration Project conducted by Sacramento County Cooperative Extension Farm Advisor Chuck Ingels.
- Lawn Removal Methods will help you go beyond lawn to a more water-efficient garden. (GN 161)
ANR = free publication from the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources Catalog
PN = free publication from UC Integrated Pest Management
EHN = Environmental Horticulture Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
GN = Garden Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
You need Adobe Reader to read the PDF files; download the latest version using the link below.