Learn to Espalier Your Trees
Registration for this event has closed.
Espalier (pronounced ES-PAUL-YAY) is the art of training branches to grow along a support. Ideal for any size yard.
UC Advisors and Master Gardeners will teach how to match espalier-training methods with tree varieties and support structures. Plus, learn year-round pruning and pest management strategies.
Class takes place among the trees in the outdoor learning center, rain or shine. For a list of presenters and the agenda, scroll down.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Espalier Workshop Presenters and Agenda
- Chuck Ingels, UCCE Environmental Horticulture Advisor
- Pam Plemmons, UC Cooperative Extension Advisor, Emeritus.
- Karey Windbiel-Rojas, Urban IPM Advisor, UC Statewide IPM Program
- Quentyn Young, UCCE Master Gardener
- Gary Headley, UCCE Master Gardener
- Espalier introduction
- Managing growth
- Training and pruning methods
- Pest management
Espalier Demonstration (21MB PDF).
Looking Back - Looking Ahead
Thank you so much for attending our recent Espalier and Composting Workshops. If you missed these special events, stay tuned. We are planning something new for Fall, 2018!