June Open Garden - FOHC
Date: June 18, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
Location: Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center (map and directions)
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the “Ask the Master Gardeners” information table. Get one-on-one advice based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
Master Gardeners will be available in all areas of the garden to answer questions.
- Water-Efficient Landscape Gardens: Rethinking how to use water wisely.
- Herbs: Harvesting, gathering seeds and drying herbs.
- Orchard: Fruit thinning and summer pruning.
- Berries: Harvesting blueberries.
- Vegetables: Managing unwanted pests with the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
- Vineyard: Managing the grape canopy, shoot, leaf and cluster thinning for a vigorous crop.
- Compost: Embrace composting in your day-to-day household activities by recycling your fruit and vegetable scraps and yard trimmings. Find out how easy backyard composting can be.
FREE! Located outside–rain or shine. For more info: (916) 875-6913.
Advice to grow by - Ask us!