Wednesday Open Garden - FOHC
Date: October 12, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
Location: Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center (map and directions)
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the “Ask the Master Gardeners” information table. Get one-on-one advice based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
Experience the change of seasons at the October Open Garden. Get ideas for fall plantings that will feed birds and bees, and find out how to make the most of your cool season crops. Master Gardeners will be available in all areas of the garden:
- Vegetables: cultivating cool season crops and winter cover crops
- Citrus and fruit trees: tips to prepare edible plants for the winter season
- Compost: what to do with all those fall leaves
- Vineyard: turn grapes to raisins
- Herbs: harvesting culinary herbs for savory fall dishes
- Water Efficient Landscape Gardens: fall flowers, showcasing Autumn sages
- Berries: seasonal pruning
Bring all the questions you’ve been saving up for the Master Gardeners.
Buy your 2023 Gardening Guide and Calendarfeaturing Edible Gardens veggies, available for $10, including sales tax (cash/check). Or purchase your copy online with your credit card.
Details for the day will be added here as the date approaches.
FREE! Located outside–rain or shine. For more info: (916) 875-6913.
Advice to grow by - Ask us!