Note: PDF files open in a new window/tab.
- UC Guide to Healthy Lawns is a comprehensive, interactive source for all lawn management information to grow a lawn using little or no pesticides.
- The UC ANR Catalog and UC IPM offer many free downloadable publications about lawns and lawn care including
Search the catalog for "turf" or "lawn" to see all the available publications.
- Interested in learning about water-efficient turf grasses or lawn alternatives? Read about the Turf Demonstration Project conducted by Sacramento County Cooperative Extension Farm Advisor Chuck Ingels.
- Lawn Removal Methods will help you go beyond lawn to a more water-efficient garden. (GN 161)
- Video: Maintaining a Weed-Free Lawn (3:15 min.) - UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
ANR = free publication from the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources Catalog
PN = free publication from UC Integrated Pest Management
EHN = Environmental Horticulture Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
GN = Garden Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
You need Adobe Reader to read the PDF files; download the latest version using the link below.