PENDING - Wednesday Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: October 14, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the Ask the Master Gardeners information table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. at the Vineyard Project Area, UCCE Master Gardeners will hold a mini-demonstration on
- Water efficient landscapes – planting bulbs in containers
- Vegetables – selection of and planting cover crops
On-going demonstrations at the various project areas:
- Vineyards – fertilizing and putting your grapes vines to bed
- Herbs – preparing herbs for the winter season
- Vegetables – growing cool season vegetables
- Composting – how to build, turn and harvest compost and worm composting
Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!