Harvest Day 2019
Join us this year!
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Thank you to the many businesses that help make Harvest Day
a huge success through their generous support.
8:30 - 9:15
Container Gardens: Water Wisdom
Horticulture Professor, Retired
Read more about Debbie
9:45 - 10:30
To Fertilize or Not to Fertilize
Home Horticulture/Composting Educator;
UC Master Gardener Programs Manager
Read more about Kevin
11:00 - 11:45
Getting To the Root of
Planting Trees and Shrubs
UCCE Lifetime Master Gardener
Read more about Pam
20 minutes each
|10:00||Creating a Wildlife Habitat|
|11:15||Butterfly Basics: Attracting Butterflies to the Garden|
|9:20||Pests and Problems in the Vineyard|
|10:15||Six Steps to Success in the Vineyard|
|11:15||Vineyard Q & A Session|
|9:20||Making a Worm Bin: Worm Composting Basics
|10:15||Backyard Composting Basics
|11:00||Worm Wrangling: Worm Composting Basics
|11:45||Critters in the Compost Pile: Composting Basics|
Berries: Presenting an expanded selection including Golden Currant and many thornless varieties.
Orchard: Self-guided tour with Master Gardeners on hand to answer specific questions such as codling moths and fire blight.
Vegetables: Recognized as an All-American Selections Display Garden, this year showcasing AAS varieties of tomatoes, peppers, squash, corn, melons and much more.
Herbs: Featuring edible flowers in collaboration with the UCCE Master Food Preservers.
Bring questions and samples of your problem plants or insects to the Master Gardeners.
Download the Harvest Day 2019 brochure (PDF 1.6MB).
As always, service dogs only are allowed at Fair Oaks Horticulture Center events. Thank you.
Download to print the FOHC map. (PDF 82KB)
Map to Harvest Day
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
To get directions, click on the orange balloon.
We thank you all!
To save paper on Harvest Day, we publish a list of resources to answer all your questions on various topics. From UCIPM Pest Notes, to our own publications, to University books and websites--even speaker presentations when available. It's all here!
- American River Water Education Center
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Native Plant Society, Sacramento Chapter
- California Urban Forests Council, Sacramento Valley Chapter
- E.B. Stone & Son
- Effie Yeaw Nature Center
- Fair Oaks Boulevard Nursery
- Green Acres Nursery & Supply
- Haagen-Daz Honey Bee Haven
- Hunter Industries
- Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches
- Kellogg Garden Products
- Mary Nesel, Lyon Real Estate
- Oakmont of Fair Oaks
- Organic Gardening Club of California
- Regional Water Authority
- ReScape California
- Sacramento Area Community Garden Coalition
- Sacramento Audubon Society
- Sacramento Area Beekeepers Association
- Sacramento County Library
- Sacramento County Water Resources, Stormwater Quality Program
- Sacramento Digs Gardening
- Sacramento Historic Rose Garden
- Sacramento Perennial Plant Club
- Sacramento Tree Foundation
- Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito & Vector Control District
- Sierra Foothills Rose Society
- Smog ‘N’ Go
- Sprinkler Service & Supply, Inc.
- Two Flew the Coop
- UCCE Expanded Food and Nutrition Program
- UCCE Master Food Preservers
- Big Oak Nursery
- Full Moon Metal Design
- Morningsun Herb Farm
- Succulent Sirens
- Talini’s Nursery
- Tranquill Gardens
- VESCO Tools
- Wild Jules
- Yankee Glass Art
- YatesArt – metal art
- Zman Farms
- Chando’s Tacos
- Culinerdy Cruzer
- Java Johnny’s Specialty Coffee
- Luciano’s Scoop
- Grape tasting (free)
Master Gardener sales (cash/check only)
- 2020 Gardening Guide and Calendar
- Worm bins
- Grape plants in the vineyard
- Make-your-own solar dyed botanical scarves