January Open Garden - FOHC
Date: January 21, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
Location: Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center (map and directions)
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal FREE events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions. Get one-on-one advice based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
Tired of winter’s dreary landscapes? Come out to the Horticulture Center to enjoy a morning in our garden: it’s bursting with life. Master Gardeners will be available in all areas to answer questions.
- Compost: Sorting home food waste - Compost pile? Worm bin? Organic Waste Can?
- Water-Efficient Landscape Garden: Flowering bulbs and colorful foliage.
- Vegetables: Tasty cool weather crops such as chard, broccoli, bok choy, beets and peas.
- Herbs: Brighten your winter dishes with flavorful herbs.
Proper pruning methods and the importance of pruning for:
- Berries: cane berries and blueberries.
- Orchard: deciduous fruit trees.
- Vineyard: grape vines.
Bring all the questions you’ve been saving up for the Master Gardeners and pick up a copy of the 2023 Gardening Guide and Calendar featuring Edible Gardens veggies, available for $10, including sales tax. Also available online.
Located outside–rain or shine.
Advice to grow by - Ask us!