February Open Garden - FOHC
Date: February 11, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
Location: Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center (map and directions)
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Get ready for spring at this FREE event.
Bring samples of your problem plants or insects to the Ask the Master Gardeners table.
- Berries: Learn how blueberries and cane berries are pruned for the upcoming harvest season.
- Compost: Building, turning and harvesting compost. Visit the Worm Bin too.
- Herbs: See Herbs flourishing in the cooler weather.
- Orchard: Bare branches in the orchard show proper pruning cuts.
- Vineyard: See canes getting ready to bud. Learn pruning basics.
- Vegetables: Cool season vegetables are on display in raised beds.
- WEL: The water efficient area will be full of overwintering beneficial insects ready for pests.
The annual UC Master Gardeners Gardening Guide and Calendar is perfect for taking planting notes. Available for purchase. $10, including sales tax.
Located outside–rain or shine. For more info: (916) 875-6913.
Advice to grow by - Ask us!