Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: March 14, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Got garden problems? Bring them to the 'Ask the Master Gardeners' table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
At 10 AM, watch mini-demonstrations on:
- Vegetable garden - Cutting down and turning in cover crops.
- Herbs – propagation methods
- Water efficient landscapes - managing a perennial garden
- Herbs - edible flowers
- Composting – see the new Lincoln Log compost bin
- Vineyard - how to start a spray program.
- Vegetables – pest management techniques
The Master Gardeners 2020 Gardening Guide and Calendars "Blossoms" will be available for $10, including sales tax. Or buy online.
Located outside – rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!