June Open Garden - FOHC
Date: June 17, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Contact: (916) 875-6913
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
Location: Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center (map and directions)
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal FREE events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Bring samples of your problem plants, mystery pests and questions to the “Ask the Master Gardeners” information table. Get one-on-one advice based on the most recent research-based sustainable practices.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, and water-efficient landscape gardens.
Summer sunshine is pumping up the garden!
Bring your family and friends to greet the flourishing summer garden and get ideas for your own space.
From vegetables in raised beds, grapes grown in barrels, fragrant herbs, or espalier fruit, you will be delighted you came! Get prepared for summer stewardship in the garden.
- HERBS: Our herbs are soaking in the sun and super-charging their scents and flavors.
- ORCHARD: Tree fruit like cherries and peaches are ripening.
- BERRIES: A berry delicious time of year for our blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- VEGETABLES: Tomato and pepper transplants join direct-seeded beans, melons and more.
- VINEYARD: Check out the grape varieties as the summer crop develops.
- COMPOST: Watch a demonstration on harvesting worm castings to use in the garden.
- WATER EFFICENT LANDSCAPE: Low water doesn’t mean low appeal. Come see!.
Located outside–rain or shine. Bring your hat and water. For more info: (916) 875-6913.
Advice to grow by - Ask us!