Note: PDF files open in a new window/tab.
- Irrigation scheduling information for turfgrass from the UC Guide to Healthy Lawns tells how to determine the amount of water and how long to irrigate a lawn.
- UC Guide to Healthy Lawns guide to irrigating established lawns describes how to ensure that your lawn will thrive.
- Water Conservation Tips for the Home Lawn and Garden (PDF) describes how to reduce water use and create a beautiful and enjoyable garden. (ANR 8036)
- Watering fruit and nut trees from UC IPM Online.
- Plan your irrigation system describes things consider when planning a watering scheme.
- Setting your irrigation controller (PDF) gives tips and includes an irrigation scheduling worksheet. (GN 138)
- Learn how to calculate the rate of water flow (PDF) in your system. (GN 137).
ANR = free publication from the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources Catalog
PN = free publication from UC Integrated Pest Management
EHN = Environmental Horticulture Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
GN = Garden Notes from the UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County
You need Adobe Reader to read the PDF files; download the latest version using the link below.