Ask the Master Gardeners Information Tables
Where to Find Us
What is an Ask the Master Gardeners event?
To assist the Master Gardener, it is important to have as much information as possible when you arrive. Include leaf, stem, and flower in your sample.
Here are some sample questions we will ask:
- Is the plant a perennial or annual, evergreen or deciduous?
- What color are the flowers if the plant has flowers?
- Is the bark thick, thin, rough or smooth?
- How tall is the plant?
- Does it stand alone or with other plants?
- Are other plants infected or infested and are these plants of a different variety?
- Is the plant in a container or in the ground?
- How old is the plant?
- How much sun exposure does it get?
- How often and how long is the plant watered?
There are many other questions to be answered, but those listed above will start you in the right direction when you seek assistance.